“A character who you can relate to the most.”
Woah. This is another difficult one…
I feel the need to say Hermione Granger from Harry Potter but I think I’m going to choose Eugenia “Skeeter” Phelan from The Help.
Reasons I chose Skeeter over Hermione:
1. Hermione grew up without friends; I had plenty of friends.
2. Skeeter had plenty of friends but always felt like an outcast; so did I.
3. Hermione is crazy smart; I was only above the normal intelligence for my age.
4. Skeeter’s mother is kinda really crazy and points out her flaws; I’m pretty much in the same boat here. Don’t get me wrong, I love my mom but she has really strict ideas of how people should look, act, be, etc.
5. Hermione is kind of a pushover when it comes to her friends (she does Ron and Harry’s homework constantly); I don’t let anyone skate off with my hard work. I’m pretty prideful.
6. Skeeter tells it like it is and she has a sassy attitude; ask my parents, they’ll agree.
7. Skeeter doesn’t ever get asked out by anyone except once which is a flop; pretty much.
8. Skeeter’s mom thinks she’s a lesbian; I AM a lesbian.
9. Skeeter’s a writer; I am, too.
10. Skeeter’s stubborn and will go against societal norms to do what is right; I know I am very stubborn and will do whatever it takes to do the right thing. I’m very active on that front.
There are plenty of other reasons, and there are many reasons why I might’ve chosen Hermione, but I’ll save you from a lengthy post. 🙂 Ta-ta!