Geez, I really need to step up my game! Not only am I posting late, I failed my only goal. In my defense, this past week was finals week and I had to move out of my dorm this weekend (sadface). I was a bit preoccupied. However, since I am now home, without a job, and since all of my friends here are still in school, I have plenty of time to read. My goals for this week are:
1. Finish The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson. Yeah, remember that one? Finally gonna finish it.
2. Finish Roverandom by J.R.R. Tolkien.
I’ve been home for a couple days now, and the majority of it has been spent where I am now: on my ass in my living room, typing away at my computer. Sounds fun, right? Sometimes I really hate being introverted. But hey, it gives me more time to read and write. I’ve had this little plot bunny for a short story hopping around my head, and I really need to get it worked out. If I ever finish it, I’ll let you guys know. For now, the suspense of the unknown will just have to keep you occupied.
So, now that my summer vacation has started, it’s time for me to figure out what to do for four months of uninterrupted time. I’ve been spending a bit too much time on Tumblr and watching old episodes of Supernatural. I guess I should venture outside or something…I dunno. Anyway, here are some things I hope to accomplish this summer. Let me know if you have any awesome (or not so awesome) plans!
- Get a job. I need money, pronto.
- Get my license. I’m freaking nineteen years old and I don’t have my PERMIT?!
- Apply for ALL the scholarships! My educational finances are looking pretty sad.
- Drink more water. I’ve been drinking so much coffee and soda at college that I’ve started looking like shit. Gotta get that summer bod back. Psh, okay. But seriously, the pimples…
- Fix that bike tire so I can ride it! I’ve missed my bike. For some silly reason, I didn’t bring it to college and I haven’t rode since last summer. Also, I need more exercise.
- Write the short story I mentioned earlier.
I’m sure there are more things I need to do, but it’s summer. I’m not stressing about keeping a schedule or anything. I just hope I can go to the beach and the pool with friends often enough. (Yes, I do have friends! Aren’t you proud of me?) Yeah, so let me know what you’re up to and what your summer reading list consists of!