I can’t believe I’m YET AGAIN behind on this blog. I apologize a thousand times over. Please forgive me?
According to Goodreads, I am now five books behind schedule. Yikes! However, including the books about writing and publishing that I borrowed from the library, I am currently reading fifteen books. When I finish those, I’ll hopefully be ahead of schedule. On my reading schedule right now are:
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson (I’m almost done, I swear)
- Supernatural: War of the Sons by Rebecca Dessertine–basically a really long fan fiction about my new television obsession, Supernatural. Check that show out!
- Supernatural: Witch’s Canyon by Jeff Mariotte–another fan fiction
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling. If you didn’t read the last post, this book does not count toward my goal. It’s just a tradition of mine to read the entire series over the summer.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. I really have no idea what this book is about, but my girlfriend has been trying to get me to read it for over a year now. I finally gave in. (Note: I only refused on principle. She was trying to make me read it. I don’t take to kindly to force. 😛 )
- Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. I picked this up at the library the other day (along with the movie). My stepsister was obsessed with this and it’s gotten a lot of praise. I figured I should check it out. Also, I broke my rule: I watched the movie before reading the book. I was very confused, but I enjoyed it.\
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I’ve read the first of the Mortal Instruments series (City of Bones) and I own the second. This book is the first of the prequel series. It should be interesting. My roommate loves them.
- Hit Lit: Cracking the Code of the Twentieth Century’s Biggest Bestsellers by James Hall
- This Year You Write Your Novel by Walter Mosley
- Show Me About: Book Publishing
- Fiction Writer’s Workshop by Josip Novakovich
- Beginning Writer’s Answer Book